Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Who Really Won?

Who really won?

I wonder to myself late on a cold night, who won with Fat Joe & Fifty Cent? Part of me says, who the fuck cares? Fifty is a good businessman, but rapper?! Please. Fat Joe fell off long ago.
I say this listening to the Dj Premier remix of The Shit is Real, off Jealous Ones Still Envy


I digress, there was no track which shows Fat Joe with the fire of who he used to be. Much like the start of this song, (Fat) Joe is getting picked on by two dudes, but, he comes back as the illest gangster out of the Bronx… Hm!? The beat, black and white film clip and just Fat Joe being ill is fucking classic.

Elephant In The Sand despite it’s clever pun wasn’t that great. Maybe dude needs Pun?


Just saying, the album wasn’t that great. For those who haven’t heard shit like, Who You Rep With?

Need to listen to Nas and 50 rhyme at it, and then all the beef tracks that came after 50 and Nas, they were some nice shit, I would have liked for their beef to blow up some more, it was actually a decent fight. Seems this time Fat Joe took a big L,



I'm talking about the loss he took from 50, and as much as I hate G-Unit, they shat on Joe. You can’t fucking deny it.
I saw a video on ThisIs50.com… (I know.), of him in White Castle waiting for his food. Fuck, he looks like a bum who just stole some fake chains, mad washed up. Where is Fat Joe Da Gangsta, I liked the dude who spat:

Pursuin my dream til there enough cream to start my own union
And show these kids how legit it is
Shit is real I used to steal but now I own several businesses
So wheres your witness that you claim to have, sayin that Im takin half
Extortin new york and not payin tax
Im layin back, playin the role, playin the low
But its the same ol joe so dont get k.o.d

That colabbo with him and Big L was classic.

I miss that Joe. This Elephant in the tomb shit, was just that, stagnant, whack, and behind what I expect from Fat Joe… If you let 50 body you, shame. He basically ended Ja Rule, is your career as an artist over?

I hope not.

The track with Lil’ Wayne, cost at least $75,000 US Dollars, according to Lil’ Wayne.

"But nothing less! ... I wouldn't do a song for my sister for less than $75,000."


Which brings me to the point, his album barely sold that many units. Fat Joe on his track with Lil' Wayne, near on 40 rapping about a crack-house is just… off point to me and whack. Boasting about conflict Diamonds on the same track and generally just a lazy delivery, makes another track wasted on this already lackluster album. Drop with Swizz is kinda dancy, but reminds me too much of snap music. The track with KRS-One just seems to disrespect him. KRS-ONE just drops harder then I have heard in years, and it’s wasted on Joe’s whack performance… When KRS starts opening up, he drops burners.

Joe, let’s take it back to Don Carter Gena
You and Big Pun had the whole Bronx demeanour
Five sixty gear, that bodiqua pride
Did burners with the tats crew on the 2’s and 5’s
You was with relativity, I was with Jive
All that bullshit you been with, how you survive?
And even "educates" Fat Joe for stepping;

Chris, that’s why I’m the greatest of all time - Fat Joe
Joe, I’m the best you must be out your fucking mind! - KRS-ONE

And in the end, probably drops more Spanish then Joe ever has.

That being said, I give it to Fat Joe for longevity in the game, but shit like Elephant In The Room, doesn’t make me want to remember him. I fear pushed near solely by 50's personality, website and drive, Joe took a big L on his career. G-unit just dropped another not that all memorable mixtape. Joe just dropped an album I don't want to remember.... 3/5 For Elephant In The Room.



You know what was good though, AZ.

No comments: