Friday, April 25, 2008

On The Day of Our Fallen

Today, in Australia is April the 25th which celebrates the Australia New Zealand Army Corps. This day has some meaning to myself as my grandparents served in this Corp during World War II. And, I'm sure to many Australians this day means a lot. Modern politics of the Australian army buying billions of dollars of American weaponry and the New Zealand armed forces being near disbanded it seems, this day is still an important one. Celebrating the contribution and sacrifice our diggers gave for King and Country as it was then.

The young were sent to an early, bloody grave. I fear history may be repeating itself, as it always does, Aristotle said

We make war that we might live in peace

I truly believe that was the case then.

Anyway, being it is a relaxed day, I have some stuff I have been chilling to.

First an ANZAC song,



Recently also I have been listening to a heck of Gil Scott-Heron, check out The Klan


Also, Buckshot LeFonque, feat Premier:


Some DJ Quik Tunes:


And finally, IAM:


Peace! And enjoy the 25th, whatever it may mean to you

No comments: