Saturday, July 5, 2008

Everyone is wearing Bathing Ape...

Where I happen chance to live at this moment in time, has been taken over by yuppified toys! It is seriously disturbing the amount of people I see flock to not only neon colours in my neighbourhood, but also bright, Japanese hoodies. While most seem to like the brand, there are many that are not as big fans. 

To me, A Bathing Ape (BAPE) will always be associated with a couple of things. Firstly, that is cranking that....





And N.E.R.D.

But with all that aside, it's strange to see what I thought would be a really obscure brand in Australia. But really, it's everywhere, especially with it being Winter in an otherwise hot land. There are a number of stores that sell... questionably made Bathing Ape clothes. The difference in the fakes and real ones dollar value is huge.

I do like some of the designs. But none of the ones I see people jogging in, trying to look either colour blind or mad. If anyone is interested there are some interesting articles on Bathing Ape below. If you are finding Bathing Ape is invading your city, your town, your wardrobe! Let me know, I'd be interested to hear your stories!

http://www.theshoegame.com/A-Bathing-Ape-History.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/monkey-magic-the-future-of-fashion-431726.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Bathing_Ape

--------------------------------------

En otras noticias de frescura...

  • I shall be enlisting the help of some of my friends, so expect to see some other opinions.
  • Possibly A Honduran
  • Possibly related to Francisco Morazan
  • I shall be making some new banners... Eeek 
  • I shall be endeavouring to make posts in the following categories
  1.  News, updated regularly
  2. Articles, updated when I can
  3. .AU News, updated occasionally
  4. World, updated regularly

Anyhow, on that note, I think it is time for...






NTM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bathing Ape?

Anonymous said...

Soulja Boy up in it, OOH!

Anonymous said...

Bathing Ape?